Research & Training
- Filaria training in Lf microscopy is being given to 60 technicians of different PHC, CHC of Madhya Pradesh.
- The Virology aboratory is providing diagnosis for Influenza A H1N1pdm09 for entire MP and acted as nodal laboratory for the state.
VECTOR BORNE DISEASES (ONGOING PROJECTS)
- ICMR funded research project on Plasmodium vivax genomics under the Medical Innovation Fund (2016-2019)
- Indo-Canadian (IC-IMPACTS) funded research project on point-of-care assay for malaria diagnosis and drug-resistance genotyping (Canadian PI: Dr. Stephanie Yanow)
- NIH funded project on Centre for Study on the Complex malaria in India (CSCMi); US PI: Prof. Jane carlton
- DST funded research project on P. falciparum proteomics (PI: Dr. P. Acharya, AIIMS, New Delhi)
- Efficacy and safety of artemether-lumefantrine (AL) combination therapy for the treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in 4 Tribal dominating states in India: Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh and Odisha. WHO, Apr -Dec- 2017.
- An assessment of intervention measures for prevention of malaria in pregnancy: A prospective longitudinal study in Central India. Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) India, July 2015 –Dec 2017.
- Setting up of Tribal Health Research Unit at Jagdalpur, Chhattisgarh. Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) India, Sep 2013 – Aug 2018.
- Study on HRP2 and HRP3 gene in plasmodium falciparum parasite from Odisha states India: A prospective evaluation. Tata Trust, April 2017 –Mar 2018.
- Phase III evaluation of Deltamethrin 62.5 SC-PE long lasting indoor residual spraying against An. culicifacies, the vector of malaria in India. Funding: ICMR (Bayer Crop Science), 2017-18.
- Bionomics of Malaria Vector - sibling species composition and to establish their role in malaria transmission in Madhya Pradesh. Funding: ICMR Taskforce, 2017-18.
- Monitoring of insecticide resistance in malaria vectors in Madhya Pradesh state. Funding: ICMR Taskforce, 2017-18.
- Malaria elimination in Mandla district of Madhya pradesh (A public-private-partnership (ppp) project. Funding: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, 2017-22.
- Study on HRP2 and HRP3 gene in Plasmodium falciparum parasites from 8 endemic districts in Odisha: A prospective evaluation, 2017-18. Funding Tata Trust.
COMMUNICABLE DISEASES (ONGOING PROJECTS)
- Targeted Intervention to expend and strengthen TB control in tribal population under revised National TB control Programme, India.
- Intensified Tuberculosis Control among Saharia tribe of M.P. District Guna.
- Comparative study of line probe assay and Xpert MTB/RIF for detection of MDR (Funded by ICMR, New Delhi).
- Designing a immunovisual assay for early detection of M. tuberculosis from culture (Funded by TATA Trusts, Mumbai).
- To design and develop high sensitivity detection of MTB-antigens using Immuno-LAMP to detect Mycobacterium tuberculosis antigens directly from specimens/sputum (Funded by International Society for Infectious Diseases, Brooklyn, USA)
NON-COMMUNICABLE DISEASES (ONGOING PROJECTS)
- Health systems preparedness for interventions for Non-communicable diseases and cause of death among the tribal population in India:ICMR Task Force Project (Division of NCD).
- Intervention Programme for the Management of Scabies - Baiga Tribe of Dindori district of Madhya Pradesh.
- Prevalence of Fluorosis in The Community of Selected Districts of India and Development of an Appropriate Intervention Model For Prevention and Control of Fluorosis (Multi-Centric ICMR Taskforce Study).
GENETIC DISORDERS (ONGOING PROJECTS)
- Screening of hemoglobinopathies in Madhya Pradesh.
- Pilot Validation Studies of a new sickle cell diagnostic device- Sickle SCAN® under Indian Condition.
- Micro mapping of G6PD deficiency among the tribals of India and its importance for antimalarial therapy.
- Screening for G6PD deficiency among the tribal populations living in Malaria endemic zones and its correlation with anti-malarial therapy.
- Screening of Hemoglobinopathies in Narsingpur District with special reference to alpha haemoglobin chain variants.
- Evaluation of paper based screening test for Sickle cell anemia
VIROLOGY & ZOONOTIC DISEASES (ONGOING PROJECTS)
- Establishment of grade II virology laboratory funded by Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi (Ongoing since 2012).
- Pilot study on evaluation of rapid diagnostic test kit for dengue in tribal- rural areas of Madhya Pradesh, funded by Department of Health and Family welfare, Govt. of MP. (Ongoing since September 2016).
- Enhancing Biorisk mitigation awareness in public health community and creating laboratory networks for enhanced diagnostic capabilities to deal with surveillance and outbreaks of high-risk group viral pathogens causing viral hemorrhagic fevers and respiratory infections funded by NIV Pune/CDC USA. (Ongoing since September 2016).
- Apex Referral Laboratory for Dengue and Chikungunya for MP and CG funded by National Vector Borne Disease control Program, New Delhi (Service Project Ongoing since April 2011).
- A Multi-Centric Study to estimate the sero-prevalence of dengue virus infection in India (Short term project for four months Sept 2017 to Dec. 2017)